This month at ARTastic July challenge is to use pen work on your artwork. I chose this mixed media panel from my stash which I created with Distress Inks and stencils and sponged paint and a few swirl stamps. For my pen work I added a border, and a few more dots and lines to the swirls and lastly added some white pen to outline the flowers. To finish I added a stamped sentiment...which I so agree with and went nicely with the happy colours. Thanks for taking a peek
Weeellll I don't know where this card came from, definitely not my usual floral, but I was pretty much inspired by Marcie (her card below) the guest artist at the Muse challenge #226. I popped over to her blog to read how she'd made the background - with paint... so as I don't a supply of paint I resorted to my Brushos. I swiped the black Archival Ink pad over a white card and then using four colours I sprinkled each separately, spritzed with water, moved it a little with a brush and heat dried between each colour. Then I black inked the edge of my panel and flicked white paint about (that's the hardest part of making the background - got it everywhere). Then stuck it to a white card and finished off with a die cut sentiment, glued to aqua card and hand cut. It was fun and I have inky fingers to prove it. Thanks for taking a peek.
Another male birthday card from me, can't believe it - soit's a good thing I'm playing along with Watercooler Wednesday "Masculine" Anything Goes challenge WWC128 and Challenge #65 at The Male Room - Mixed Media technique this week. When I stamped this yacht I masked off the water and stamped it in black and then inked the water in blues and repeatedly stamp the waves - I coloured the image with Distress Inks and added some white gel pen to the wave peaks... then I messed it up by dry embossing the bottom section... it looked better before. I then used another stamp to added some birds and lightly watercolour washed the sky. I found this great background paper and used a teal coloured card. After mounting up the layers I added a stamped sentiment and twine and a ships wheel trinket - I'm hoping this is kind of Mixed Media. Thanks for taking a peek.
This afternoon I combined two challenges to come up with another Christmas card for my stash.
I used the layout at CAS(E) this Sketch CTS#321 and the theme at Shopping Our Stash #312. My super cute House Mouse stamp came in very handy for the theme to use a Light Globe on your card so I stamped and embossed my image, coloured it with Distress Inks and added some gold Inference Powder so the lights appeared to me glowing. I used the square stitched die to cut the image and added a red banner. To finish I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with a star shape and with the die still in place, added some sponged yellow and gold Inference Powder. I am also posting to The Holly and Ivy #10 challenge - Anything Goes. Thanks for taking a peek
I made this tissue paper panel earlier in the month for the CAS Mix Up July challenge.. scrunched some white tissue and laid into onto a glued square of white card - then I spritzed it with some pink spray - as it dried it collected in the creases as a darker pink - the panel also has a sparkly finish which I couldn't capture with the camera angle. I stamped and embossed my image, and then coloured it with Distress Inks, plus a couple extra flowers for my sentiment tag. Assembled my card with a pink layer to help highlight the flowers and tissue creases. I also used the colour inspiration at Power Poppy - Hues to Use - Pink, Yellow and Green and also posting to The Flower challenge #10 - Heat Embossing. Thanks for taking a peek
Today I've made a card using the colour from Hues to Use at Power Poppy and have again tried something a little different. I used Distress Inks for my image outline in Wilted Violet and then some masking and res-tamping the image with Hickory Smoke. Then I used a damp brush to pull the ink onto the petals and added some colour to the centers. I framed the panel with dark purple and mounted this onto a grey patterned designer paper. To finish I added a strip of green/purple ribbon and a button. Thanks for taking a peek
Happy to be making another card for House Mouse and Friends challenge HMFMC#245 - Let's Get Some Berries. First off the berries were a problem.. no HM stamps with any sort of berry... but on checking my few stamps thought I could mask out the 'chocolate mousse' on the ice cream container and just hand write in 'strawberry'... so that's what I've done, then coloured the image with Distress Inks to match some old patterned paper I found in my stash. Then I discovered a mini strawberry stamp, so I stamped and fussy cut a few to add to my card. To finish I mounted the image panel on a layer of red and stamped some sentiments and used the stitched die cut tag to give them so shape. I am also playing along with Freshly Made Sketches #FMS297 using the layout. Thanks for taking a peek "Let's Get Some Berries"
It's handy having some images already coloured ready to go, so this one suited nicely for the element on this card using the sketch at Try Stamping on Tuesday #329. I found some designer paper to match and decided to add some texture so embossed the bottom layer, I stamped on my sentiment and arranged the layers on a white card, then to finish 3D mounted my iris and added some gems. Thanks for taking a peek