Monday 14 May 2018

Merry Christmas

My Christmas card today is inspired by Kimberley's card (below) over at Muse: Christmas Vision #99 -  I've used her mono brown tones on cream card, her layout and the Santa image.  Over the years I've found this favourite old Santa stamp is best inked with a brayer to capture the fine lines so I used Adirondack dye ink in mushroom, then framed the image in darker brown onto a background panel in light brown  and a cream card. To finish I stamped the sentiment on a cream card strip in brown ink. Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day

 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with a classic feel! Thanks for joining us at MCV, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card, love the Santa and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clean and layered version of Kimberly's card. Thanks for the brayer tip. I may give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate the lines.. I wouldnt have thought to use the brayer, GREAT JOB! So glad you joined us and are in the TOP Picks, I just loved this one so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn